General Requirements for HTML5 Games
Please follow these basic reuirements and guidelines when testing a game. Make sure the game accomplishes all of them.
Graphics & UI:
- Game should have a loading screen.
- Game should have softgames logo in loading screen.
- Game should have a ‘more games’ button, in text or game icon, redirecting to ‘m.softgames.de’.
- Game should have sound and sound buttons on the first screen.
- Games images should be compressed.
- Games text should NOT be embedded in the images.
- Text in different languages should not come unreasonably out of margins and all text should be readable from all devices screen. I.E. sentences shall not be larger than device screen
- When game is fitted for portrait in mobile device on desktop it should at least have a fullscreen background.
- Game should have mp3 files as sound if it has sound.
Source Code & Functionality:
- There should be no console errors of any kind in the game, check browser console.
- Check game responds to rotation well on mobile devices, game should always show a ‘rotate your device’ image when on an incorrect position, either in text or in icon.
- Game must support special characters, special German characters, Cyrillic characters and special Turkish characters.
- Game should have all languages we require ‘en’, ‘es’, ‘de’, ‘fr’, ‘it’, ‘pt’,’tr’, ‘ru’, ‘pl’, ‘nl’
- All of game game’s button should do their appropriate functions.
- Game should stop all sounds when user changes browser tabs or minimizes the browser.
- Game should withstand multiple independent actions: try going inside, and back from a level, with sound on/off and reloading the game for errors.
- Check game is not unreasonably slow in any device.
- Make sure at least first all levels of the game are working properly.
- Game should work in Chrome, Firefox & IE desktop
- Always resize browser screen, check game resized accordingly.
- Game should have all js files (except sg.hooks.js) merged in game.min.js file
- Game should work on viewport tag: “width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0”
SG Hooks Library:
- Prepare you game to use the SG_Hooks js library according to: https://github.com/softgames/jsapi-documentation/wiki/Games-without-Backend
“2016 is the year of messaging,” said Alexander Krug, CEO and founder of Softgames. “Messaging is about to become the new platform, and chatbots are becoming the new apps.” Messaging apps are about to become meta-platforms featuring all sorts of services besides messaging. For example, in the future you will not leave your chat app […]
Some of the provided SG Hooks library methods will trigger banner and video advertisements to display in front of your game. During this time the game and the sound should ideally stop. If stopping the game is not feasible at least the volume of sound effects and music should be lowered completely. The specific methods […]